Atlanta Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Commission, more than 50,000 motorcyclists are injured each year in the United States. These staggering statistics reveal a truth that many riders already know: riding a motorcycle, despite the freedom and enjoyment it may provide, is dangerous. Many drivers fail to check for motorcycles when changing lanes or turning and the smaller size of motorcycles can make them less noticeable. Motorcycle accidents can be painful and traumatic for the victim and his or her loved ones, and can result in significant financial hardship. However, the lawyers at Zevin & Rosenbloum can help. Filing a lawsuit with our attorneys can help victims obtain compensation for their injuries and keep them from suffering the financial setbacks.
More on Motorcycle Accidents
The two main causes of motorcycle accidents are excessive speed and distracted, negligent drivers. Drivers who may be looking for other cars before changing lanes often do not think to check for riders. In these cases, the driver may be found to be at fault for the accident. However, if a motorcyclist is riding recklessly and is hit, he or she may be found liable for the crash. In order for a rider to obtain compensation in a personal injury lawsuit, he or she must show that the other party was responsible for the incident. In many motorcycle accident cases, the rider is not at fault and often sustains greater injuries than the driver involved. At Zevin & Rosenbloum, we know motorcycle accident cases are difficult, and our attorneys have the experience with these cases that victims can rely on.
Safety Tips for Your Ride
Our Atlanta practice has seen thousands of motorcycle accident cases, and our attorneys have compiled a list of suggestions to help riders stay safe:
- Practice – Knowing how your bike will respond in certain situations, like hard braking, could help you avoid a dangerous accident.
- Pay Attention – Changing weather conditions can affect how the bike handles, as can other factors like a passenger on the back and the tire pressure. All of these come into play when riding.
- Know the Laws – Every state is different in regard to bike specifications and other requirements, so read up before crossing state lines.
- Equipment – Maintaining your bike is critical and can help prevent accidents due to equipment failure. Helmets are also mandatory in Georgia. Some riders also use goggles, gloves, jackets, and other accessories as part of their gear, but these are up to each individual’s preference.
Contact Our Atlanta Injury Attorneys
Our practice in Atlanta has decades of experience with motorcycle accident lawsuits, and our attorneys have helped thousands of victims obtain compensation for their injuries. Please contact our law firm at (404) 522-1616 or (888) 522-1622 to learn more about motorcycle accident litigation or to schedule a consultation with one of our attorneys regarding your case. Our lawyers are aggressive, intelligent, and experienced.
WHY CHOOSE US?
- IN BUSINESS SINCE 1971
- HANDLED OVER 15,000 SUCCESSFUL CASES
- OVER $150 MILLION IN VERDICTS AND SETTLEMENTS